Recertification for 2013
- If your certification expired at the end of 2012, you will need to recertify by May 31, 2013 in order to referee in 2013. It is recommended that you recertify before Dec 31, 2012 because:
If you were first certified after June 22, 2012, you are already certified for 2013.
- It allows you to referee throughout 2013
- There are limited opportunities to recertify between Jan 1, 2013 and May 31, 2013
- There is a late fee for registering after Dec 31
To check your certification expiration year go to Services: Profile: Biography. On the USSF line you will find:
- Your USSF ID (16 digits)
- Your USSF grade
- The year your USSF certification is good through (expiration year)
- The year you first received a USSF certification
- Recertification Clinics
- (If you are a Grade 9, please see the section on Upgrading for Grade 9 Referees below)
To recertify you need 5 or more hours of continue education or you needed to upgrade from Grade 9 to Grade 8 this year. You need to pass a recertification test (see below for more details). And you need to register for 2013. Here are the opportunities near the Eastside to get your 5 hours and to Register. You need to sign up with the clinics you want to attend. There is no cost for any EYSA sponsored clinics. Other associations usually charge a nominal fee for their clinics to cover their expenses.
There is 1 clinics in our area before May 31, 2013 if you still need your hours.
|May 18||Saturday||8AM-4PM||7 hours||Seatac Marriott Hotel||08-0513-RCT-0125||1-5 hours, testing and registration|
Plan now for recertification because as time passes and the number of clinics available get smaller, the number of referees signing up will get larger.
- Recertification Testing
- While the WASRC website is being redesigned, all testing will be on paper. Please contact Ken Robertson to find out where the test will be given.
You can do your testing before or after you complete your continuing education hours.
This is an open book test. Here are the online books you will find helpful when taking the test:
Laws of the Game - http://www.ussoccer.com/Referees/Laws-of-the-Game.aspx
Advice to Referees - https://ussoccer.box.com/s/8d484a9971e51831618b/1/348010025/2809854081/1
Guide to Procedures - https://ussoccer.box.com/s/8d484a9971e51831618b/1/348010025/2809846385/1
- You will need your completed paperwork:
- Washington State Recertification Form - Print out this form and then fill it out
- Fill in everything with a single asterisk in the top section
- Fill in the Continuing Education section the best you can
- Fill in the Test Score as best you can
- USSF Referee Registration Form - Print out this form and then fill it out Take your paperwork and registration fee - $50 check or cash ($55 if you are recertifying after Dec 31) to WASRC for Grade 8 or Grade 9 - to a Registration Clinic. Currently there is only one Registration Clinic:
- Check "Referee" in the upper right
- Set the Year to 2013
- Fill in Step 1 as best you can
- Fill out Step 5 - it must be completely filled out
- Saturday May 18 - 8AM-3PM @ Seatac Marriott Hotel
- Upgrading for Grade 9 Referees
- If you are a Grade 9 referee who needs to recertify, we recommend you take Grade 8 clinic instead of the recertification path. The Grade 8 Entry Level Clinic (ELC) will earn you a Grade 8 certification. A Grade 9 referee who needs to recertify has been officiating for 2 seasons and obviously enjoys refereeing. The Grade 8 will open more opportunities to referee at tournaments and during next season.
Be sure to take the ELC before May 31, 2013 or you will not be allowed to referee in 2013. Here are upcoming Grade 8 ELCs sponsored by EYSA:
|None in EYSA|
|May 25||Saturday||9AM - 5PM||8 hours||Lake Stevens|
Go to https://www.wareferees.org/AvailableClinics.aspx to register with clinics and/or search for these other clinics.
- For more information about Recertification see the FAQ topic Recertification Explained.
Last Updated May 15, 2013